Wednesday, May 18, 2011

River's Diary: Part Three by myownknight

Sleep-time.
dancing dancing
pretty lights
Inara says supposed to go to bed
but daddy can't sleep at night.
Twirling. 
Kaylee, come with me
we can dance in our sleep
while the little mice creep
around 
Serenity.

_____________________

The Crew.
Jumble jumble its all a mess
/got to fix the influx capacitator afore it busts again/
all their heads reeling
every minute of every day
/got to get my hands on some more oil or my triggers is gonna start pulling/
so full my 
head is leaking
/need to find us a new job and fast, crew aint been paid in some time start’n to feel the pinch/
can’t sort out what's mine, what's not
/I’m going to do it. I’m going to ask her. oh Xióngmāo niào, I can’t do it. what if she says no/
hardly ever fall these days but when I do it's bad
/oh jesu, I miss him so much/
can’t they quiet for a spell?
only Inara bothers to hide.
Serenity is much to loud
tonight.

______________________

Breakdown.
Serenity finally cracked her influx capasi-something, so we are on this little moon till Kaylee can fix it.
Capn and Zoe are nervous, don’t wanna remind the crew that they caused a ruckus some years back with Jayne. nobody remembers.
But Capn don't know that.
Inara kept me with her all morning, Laundry Day in the black. just cause we be made of dust don’t mean we gotta be dusty, no.
Hiding in my vent until she stops looking. River mouse knows all the crumbs, won't fall for lunch trap, no.
squeak squeak
- River

________________________

The Rain.
I’m counting the space between raindrops outside. the sound is awfully loud after the silence of space.
I can almost hear myself think.

__________________________

Repairs
up and down
and pass the crew
laughing flowers, silly faces, chasing chasing, can’t catch River, quick like river. quick like wind.
duck down, curl up tight
quiet now
everyone dashing past, laughing panting, trying to find
River
River hidden, won’t find soon.
Kaylee didn’t need to fix the IC today.

____________________________

Make up their gorram minds already.

Kaylee has to work, Jayne is just bad news, I can't stay in the bridge all day, go, play, but not too far.
River come, River go, River I'm busy right now. Don't do this, don't go there, please, River, just TRY to help, dong ma?

I don't want to sit, I don't want to learn to cook. I can't leave the ship, its dangerous.
Please. I'm dangerous.
Everybody's busy, but River can't work, no. she's too young, she's too crazy, she just doesn't know how.

I wish that we were back in the black, just me, Serenity, and the endless space of us.
two more days, until the engines fixed.
I hope we make it.
-River.


*read Rivers new entries everyday at www.riversdiary.tumblr.com or search FB under Rivers Diary*

No comments:

Post a Comment